Edge NYC Opening Hours: When to Visit New York City's Iconic Observation Deck
What are Edge NYC’s Opening Hours?
Timings: Edge NYC is open from 9 AM to 11 PM daily.
Last Admission: The last elevator ride is at 10:10 PM (50 minutes before closing).
Night Hours: Edge is open until 11 PM daily.
Closed: The observatory is open throughout the year.
Duration of Visit: Give yourself about 2 hours to explore all the attractions at Edge including the immersive experiences, the observatory, and the City Climb.
Best Time to Visit Edge NYC
Peak Season vs Low Season
- Summer, which falls between June to August, is a great time to enjoy clear views of the New York skyline and the surrounding landscape, however, this is also the peak tourist season.
- If you’re okay with cooler temperatures, you can plan your visit during the fall months of September through November.
- December to February is also a great time to visit New York when the city is bustling with winter activities. However, keep in mind that temperatures drop to about 0° or less during the winter months.
- You can also choose to visit the Edge during the Spring, from March to May, when the weather is mild and the crowds are lesser. Enjoy panoramic views of the city with blooming flowers across the landscape.
Peak Season: May to September
Low Season: December to February
Weekday vs Weekend
- Visiting Edge NYC on a weekday is a preferable option over the weekend. You can expect smaller crowds on weekdays, which means shorter lines and a quieter experience.
- Given the popularity of the attraction, it might also be difficult to get your preferred time slot on the weekends, especially if it's at the last minute. Choosing a weekday will give you the flexibility to choose a time that works best for you.
- Finally, you can really take advantage of the attractions inside the Edge including the observatory, the immersive installations, and more on a weekday. With fewer people around, you can spend as much time as you want on each floor and each attraction.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Edge NYC Hours
Edge NYC is open from 9 AM to 11 PM daily.
Yes, Edge is open every day throughout the year.
Edge is open all year-round, even on public holidays.
We suggest spending about an hour or two to make the most of your visit to the Edge.
The best time to visit Edge NYC is on a weekday in the morning or about two hours before closing time. This is when the crowds are smaller in number.
Yes, the Edge is open year-round, even on public holidays.
Public holidays and weekends are a busy time at attractions like the Edge. Plan your visit on a weekday instead for a more peaceful experience.
The opening hours during public holidays remain the same as always - 9 AM to 11 PM.